Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Stinky

It was a quiet afternoon at work. A little overcast. All I really heard was the humming of the servers in the room next to me. I was working on a typical project, nothing out of the ordinary or overly creative. There wasn't much too look forward to that evening television wise. Although I was looking forward to getting out of work and going home to relax, as I was getting a bit bored.
Then the call came. It was the receptionist. "Gina, you have a package" she claimed over the intercom in her very breathy voice. Since Michael had been asking me all week if I recieved anything in the mail, I knew this must be it. I jumped up and ran like hell across the hall. As soon as I pushed the door open, I spotted it....



I walked quickly back to my desk, pulling the tape as I went. I paused only to get out my camera (as I knew I was going to want to blog about it) and to IM MIchael that I had recieved something. I was worse than a kid on Christmas. I slowly opened it as the smell circled around me. Gradually it was sending me into a euphoria of lucious creamy wonderful scents. I knew this was going to be great. I was so excited when i got the box opened and found...



As far as I am concerned, nothing beats a late birthday present! It had been over a week since I turned 31 and yet I felt like my dad just brought me home my first 10 speed. I could not wait to see what was inside. I tore open the paper and was greeted by aromatic foam peanuts. I shoveled handfuls of them into the garbage deeply inhaling as I went. What I found next was a site to behold.





It was the most gorgeous arangement of LUSH goodies I have ever seen. I nearly lost my breathe. People kept stopping by asking what the smell was. Each time I got more and more excited as I explained what wonders this box held. I knew that Michael had sent this. I was IM'in as I opened it pretending not to know. Then I finally found the card...



It pretty much left me with permagrin for the entire day...

No comments: