Wednesday, June 18, 2008

10 Minutes in Montague

7:50 p.m.

As I pass one of the farms on Clove Road, I notice a calf no bigger than a medium sized dog. It's such a sweet sign of life. Perky ears, little waggly tail. I swear it smiles at me as I slow down.

7:52 p.m.

I turn onto New Road to go into the back entrance of the country club. I slow down at the ranch on the right. In addition to their 2 full grown horses there are now 2 ponies. Their manes are still baby fuzz.

7:53 p.m.

I turn into the country club and notice a rainstorm about 20 feet ahead of me, although the sun is shining and my car is dry. As I continue to drive it rains on my car for about 30 seconds then stops. I look back in my mirror and see that is still raining behind me, but not on me. Sunshine, lots of sunshine.

7:55 p.m.

As I think to myself "Could this day get any more interesting?", I look to my left and see this.



I stop to take as many pictures as possible.

7:58 p.m.

I continue on down the road. When I get to the driving range I slow down as always not wanting this Elmyra dream to end. I look up and see a doe chasing after 2 fawns even smaller than the calf I saw minutes ago. I watch them run down the hill and disappear into the woods. I look up and see the rainbow again.

8:00 p.m.

I run into the house screaming "Fred, I am never leaving the country!!"

No comments: