Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I now pronounce you...

...back to reality! Yes, I am married and ready to return to normal life. Ahhh normal life as in not a life that revolves around planning a wedding. No more drama, tension, arguments, gifts I didn't register for, people saying "Look here! Smile!", picking out food, cake flavors, jewelry and dress fittings! My God with the dress fittings!! That in itself was enough to drive us insane. "Us" as in me and my mom. My wedding planner, coach, mentor, therapist, basically the seamstress of my life during the process. Sound crazy? IT WAS! I feel bad for people who have long engagements because my God when does it end!!
Now don't misunderstand - there is pretty much nothing I would change, nothing more I could have asked for. It was wonderful, perfect, all I had dreamed about. But I am glad the madness is over. So glad. Although it was worth it. The wedding was very "me". Thanks to my mom she did so much that I was able to put all the "Gina" touches on the night.
Like the place cards...


And the caramel apple favors...pictured here with my flowers and the table centerpieces





And now we will return to our regularly scheduled programming...

No comments: