Wednesday, December 19, 2007

6 Days til Christmas and all is well...

It's almost here!! I am so excited!! I love Christmas more than Halloween. (Although at Halloween I will tell you just the opposite!!) Last night Fred & I were the recipients of a complete RAK!! (Random Act of Kindness) We had errands to run and Christmas shopping to finish after work. So we stopped off at the diner for a quick bite. When we got into the parking lot, it was packed!! I said "Are they giving something away for free?" Well they were!! When we walked in we were greeted by the owner in his Cowboys Santa hat. It was the Milford Diner's Christmas party and all their customers were invited!! We enjoyed a delicious meal - on the house!! How nice was that!! Although the kitchen was closed for ordering there was a big buffet of food set up for our eating enjoyment!! There were salads, baked ziti, sausage & peppers, chicken marsala & more!! It was so nice. We hungout for a bit and chatted with some locals and of course our favorite waiter Nick!! It was one of those unexpected times that made me feel all warm and fuzzy!!

Now for the craftiness!!

I have been stocking up on Distress Inks little by little and having so much fun trying new techniques. I was totally inspired by "Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas." I even made it into a manual and shared it with everyone in my yahoo groups. If you would like a copy feel free to email me! Last nigh I made this snowy card for a friend. It was a little different spin on the technique from Tag #2. I used the emboss resist technique with VeraMark ink and clear embossing powder on white cardstock. Then I used Weathered Wood & Broken China Distress Ink on the craft mat. After it dried I went in again and stamped the snowflakes with Broken China. And of course, finished it off with Stickles!!



Now for the wedding update

Fred asked another one of his friends to be a groomsmen. I don't have a picture of Jim so I did the next best thing. We almost have everyone!!

I had so much fun turning Jim into a Simpson's character, next time I get bored I just might make a whole Simpson's bridal party!!

No comments: